- Filed Under
FIND OUT MORE
For information on opportunities through the Voluntary Transfer Incentive Program, see MilPer Message 12-315, dated Oct. 2
Qualified officers of the Army Competitive Category have until Oct. 30 to apply for a branch or functional area transfer under terms of the first Voluntary Transfer Incentive Program board to be held this fiscal year.
The first-quarter 2013 VTIP panel is slated to meet Nov. 26-28.
The results will be announced in mid-December.
Officers who are approved for a specialty transfer will incur a three-year service obligation, unless the transfer is based on a medical reason.
Manning requirements for branches and functional areas are updated periodically and are displayed in officer "in/out" calls that indicate, by year group, which specialties are open and closed to transfers.
Basic eligibility rules for the upcoming VTIP panel are:
• Applicants must be active-component officers assigned to the Army Competitive Category.
• ACC second lieutenants and nonpromotable first lieutenants, special branches officers, warrant officers and reservists are not eligible.
• Applicants must be promotable first lieutenants, captains or promotable captains as of Oct. 30, except that:
• Majors with less than 14 years of active federal commissioned service on Oct. 30 are eligible to submit a transfer request into a branch or functional area in which they have served.
• Exceptions also will be made for majors and lieutenant colonels with more than 14 years of service who request transfer to the Finance Corps. The exceptions are not depicted in the in/out calls.
Officers who want to request transfer to another branch or functional area should submit that request to Human Resources Command on a DA Form 4187.
The form should be accompanied by a memo stating the reason for the transfer request and a letter of recommendation from an officer in the rank of lieutenant colonel or above.