Applications are being accepted for an Army board that will nominate soldiers to attend the FBI National Academy at Quantico, Va., in 2014.
The zone of eligibility includes:
• Military police captains and majors in area of concentration 31A.
• Military police warrant officers in grades CW2 through CW4 who hold military occupational specialty 311A, CID special agent.
• Military police enlisted soldiers in the ranks of sergeant first class through sergeant major who hold MOS 31D, CID special agent.
• Military intelligence captains and majors in AOC 35D.
• Military intelligence chief warrant officers in grades CW2 through CW4 in MOS 351L, counterintelligence technician.
• Military intelligence enlisted soldiers in ranks sergeant first class through sergeant major in MOS 35L, counterintelligence agent, and 35Y, chief counterintelligence and human intelligence sergeant.
Although nominations for academy attendance will be made by a board that meets May 20-24 at Human Resources Command, final acceptance will rest with the FBI, which will conduct file reviews, interviews and background checks.
Selected soldiers will attend the academy during one of the 10-week sessions during 2014 as follows: Jan. 12-March 21, April 6-June 13, July 13-Sept. 19 and Sept. 28-Dec. 13.
Applications must be processed through a soldier's chain of command to arrive at HRC no later than May 15, and in accordance with instructions in MilPer Message 13-056, dated Feb. 26.