1. No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. Subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Military Times 2014 Red Carpet Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all U.S. active-duty, National Guard, and Reserve military personnel, military retirees and their authorized dependents, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Gannett Government Media Corp., (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest begins at 10:30 a.m. EST on Feb. 17, 2014, and ends at 3:00 a.m. EST on March 2, 2014 (“Contest Entry Period”). Ballots can be found online at militarytimes.com. armytimes.com, navytimes.com, airforcetimes.com or marinecorpstimes.com. Complete a ballot by making one choice in each of the 24 award categories, type in your name, military rank/status or the military rank/status of your immediate family member, and email address, following all posted instructions, and submit your ballot electronically by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. You may submit as many separate ballots as you like, but only one prize per winner will be awarded. All Ballots must be submitted not later than 3 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, March 2, 2014. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad-blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. On or about March 3, 2014, one (1) winner will be the contestant who submits the ballot with the most correct award selections, with a maximum possible score of 24. In the event that multiple ballots tie for the top score, one ballot will be selected at random from among the ballots that are tied for the top score.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) winner will receive a $200 Fandango gift card. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about March 4, 2014, through the email address provided on the winner’s entry form. Failure to reach winner by email after three (3) attempts or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, winner must respond to the email notification with the time period specified and follow Sponsor’s instructions. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prize is subject to availability and sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by sponsor. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention,” tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by sponsor in its sole discretion, and sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Military Times 2014 Red Carpet Contest is sponsored by Gannett Government Media Corp. The decisions of the sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these official rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For the name of the winner, available after March 4, 2014, or a copy of these official rules, visit militarytimes.com, armytimes.com, navytimes.com, airforcetimes.com or marinecorpstimes.com. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Amanda Miller at 703-750-8952 or email@example.com.