Thursday, October 10
- POW/MIA return ceremonies purely 'symbolic,' DoD admits
- AUSA picking up the Army's travel tab to annual meeting in D.C.
- Obama signs bill to restore military death benefits
- Military academy sports to go on despite shutdown
- Taliban mocks U.S. government shutdown
- Arlington's sweep of gravesite mementos distresses families of fallen
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
- Deputy defense secretary Carter to step down
- Funeral held for WWII vet, Medal of Honor recipient
- Families feel far-reaching effects from shutdown
- Slain soldier's uncle says government should apologize
- Vets, widows say VA passes out pain meds too readily
- GOP offers short-term debt deal; White House a 'maybe'
- Ore. guardsman guilty of raping 11-year-old girl
- Trial will go ahead for Army 1-star facing sex charges
- NYC police: 2 sought boots, coats for Taliban
- Family of deployed airman fights town over abandoned car law
- Chemical weapons inspectors visit 3 Syria sites
- Egypt balks at aid freeze, calls it 'incorrect'
- Tainted workout supplement suspected in hepatitis cases
- Former Carson soldier pleads guilty in infant stepson's death
- Fear grips Somali town raided by SEAL commandoes
- North Korea replaces hard-line military chief
- Treasury Secretary warns seven days to default
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Airline apologizes after rejecting NCO’s request to hang up uniform jacket
- ‘Enlisted’ creator heads back to Fox with ‘Big’
- Pinning of Bronze Star nine years in the making
- PT365 Run Plans | Marathon race tips: Run it like a hybrid car from Lt. Col. (Dr.) Mark Cucuzzella
- CrossFit vs. unit PT | Troops will do the training plans in what’s likely the biggest CrossFit study ever
- GearScout | How to gear up for a stage race from a gear pro and 170-mile Grand to Grand finisher