Friday, January 17
- Study: Military students more likely to carry guns, be bullied
- CBO: Bar younger retirees from Tricare Prime, save $90 billion
- 'Divas in boots' — Female mentoring divides troops
- Chief's Guard comments called 'irresponsible'
- UN: 'Horrifying human rights disaster' in S. Sudan
- U.S. to ship more ammo, arms to embattled Iraq
- Obama announces limits on surveillance program
- Japan's last WWII straggler dies at 91
- Soldier from N.C. receives Purple Heart
- Prince Harry ends role as helicopter pilot
- Detention hearing for National Guard recruiter
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1After complaints, soldier removes controversial Halloween hanging display
2About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afghanistan on 12-month deployment
32 Korean soldiers are the first women to earn Expert Infantryman Badge
4Master sergeant on death row files new petition
5Army intel official allowed others to believe he had Ph.D.
- Airline apologizes after rejecting NCO’s request to hang up uniform jacket
- ‘Enlisted’ creator heads back to Fox with ‘Big’
- Pinning of Bronze Star nine years in the making