Wednesday, January 29
- Toxic general hires help to hide career blemishes
- Japan envoy urges calm amid tensions with China
- Hagel plans review of all military medals and awards
- Karzai strikes friendlier tone toward U.S.
- U.S. official: North Korea nuclear reactor restarted
- Pentagon will review higher pensions for top officers
- U.S. intel sees uptick in Olympic threat reports
- Wounded vet stars at Obama State of Union address
- Hundreds attend funeral for girls killed by father at Fort Hood
- North Korea warns of tensions over U.S.-South Korea war games
- No sign of political thaw after State of the Union
- Suicide bomber kills 2 Afghan army soldiers
- EPA, 3 Va. military bases settle tank allegations
- Guard aims to reach stranded school buses in Ga.
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Latest plan to save ‘Enlisted’ — follow another cult hit online
- VIDEO: National Guard’s top general plays it straight in Letterman guest spot
- Report: More than 22K British soldiers overweight, 32K fail fitness test