Thursday, June 26
- War-fighter's paradox: Sebastian Junger on why combat vets hate war — but miss being in it
- Medal of Honor recipient: This belongs to comrades
- Museum immortalizes Medal of Honor recipient's ferocious bayonet charge
- Defense spending request includes $6B for new weapons
- Investigators probe whistleblower retaliation claims
- Bill would give separation pay to troops affected by 'don't ask'
- Death toll rises in southern Afghanistan battle
- Mourning millions: EU leaders mark WWI centennial
- Brain injury in veterans tied to higher Alzheimer's risk
- Researchers try to verify whether canines help patients with TBI, PTSD
- Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels
- U.S., Sunni states meet on Mideast insurgent crisis
- Iraqi parliament to meet in step to form new govt.
- Analysis: Iraq producing bizarre Mideast dynamic
- Iraq villagers flee militant advance in north
- U.S. ends Philippines anti-terror force
- Tactical Veteran: Frustrated job-seeker may need to adjust strategy
- Seoul: North Korea fires 3 short-range projectiles
- Judge denies defense's motion for Hawaii soldier
- NATO says soldier killed in southern Afghanistan
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Lawsuit: Tyler Perry interfered with studio plan at former Ga. Army base
2Update: Sgt. mauled by bear in Alaska in stable condition
3Ryan Pitts receives Medal of Honor for Battle of Wanat
4Opinion: No need to go back to Iraq — the job may be done for us
5Staff Sgt. Ryan Pitts inducted into 'Hall of Heroes'
- More than ‘Maverick’: James Garner and the forgotten Purple Heart
- VIDEO: Army head coach’s Afghanistan diary
- German troops in Afghanistan relish World Cup victory