Saturday, August 30
- California lawmakers vote to protect in-state tuition for veterans
- Army sees 'megacities' as the future battlefield
- Combat vet turned Clemson star will soon get his own movie
- Soldier is back home nearly 70 years after death
- Obama seeking allies for fight against extremists
- Here are some last-minute Labor Day staycations
- Pilot program to launch to help spouses earn college credit
- Saudi king warns of terrorist threat to Europe, U.S.
- Clash kills 4 Yemeni troops, 13 suspected militants
- Ohio Army National Guard postpones drills to save money
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1After complaints, soldier removes controversial Halloween hanging display
2About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afghanistan on 12-month deployment
32 Korean soldiers are the first women to earn Expert Infantryman Badge
4Master sergeant on death row files new petition
5Army intel official allowed others to believe he had Ph.D.
- Airline apologizes after rejecting NCO’s request to hang up uniform jacket
- ‘Enlisted’ creator heads back to Fox with ‘Big’
- Pinning of Bronze Star nine years in the making