OMAHA, Nebraska — A jury has convicted an Omaha man of first-degree murder in the 2018 death of a soldier who was visiting relatives in Omaha for the holidays.

The Omaha World-Herald reports that a Douglas County jury also found 36-year-old Jason Devers guilty Friday of a weapons count in the January 2018 shooting death of 27-year-old Army Sgt. Kyle LeFlore.

Prosecutors say Devers and another man who was the gunman accosted LeFlore outside an Omaha bar with the intent to rob him. Police say a gold chain with LeFlore’s DNA on it was found among Devers’ belongings.

An Omaha jail inmate testified earlier this week that Devers told him about his involvement in the crime.

LeFlore had recently had returned from an assignment to South Korea, The Omaha World-Herald reported last year. He had also served two tours in Afghanistan and two in Iraq, his father said.