Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in fiscal 2016.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,115 DMGs out of the 5,575 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and the Cadet Leadership Course at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for fiscal 2016 are:
- Colin J. Brackin, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa.
- Matthew S. Benedix, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Fla.
- Patrick M. Brito, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- Paul T. Knaak, Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minn.
- Addison S. McLamb, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- James S. Farley, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Joseph S. Green, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Ala.
- Eric E. Gleason, University of North Georgia, Dahlonega, Ga.
- Anna C. Savage, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
- Charlotte M. Falletta, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.